Clear aligners are becoming a trendy option for patients looking to straighten their smiles without the use of traditional metal brackets and wire braces. This fantastic alternative allows individuals to reposition the teeth in the smile while wearing discreet trays over the dental arch during the day. Patients considering clear aligners in Simi Valley, California are urged to book an appointment with Dr. Kevin Ju of Hello Smile Dental to determine if they are a candidate.
How do clear aligners work?
Dr. Kevin Ju describes clear aligners as plastic trays that are custom-made for a patient’s current smile. A digital impression of the patient’s teeth will be used along with specialized software to create a series of trays that take the teeth step-by-step into better alignment with time. Typically, patients can realign their smiles in approximately a year or less with proper compliance. Clear aligners are worn at least 22 hours a day to gently move the teeth and improve the smile and bite alignment.
Are clear aligners really better than braces?
There are some factors of clear aligner therapy that make them more desirable compared with traditional metal brackets and wire orthodontia. Below are just a few ways in which this treatment is superior to conventional smile realignment methods:
- Clear aligner trays are easy to remove and replace, allowing patients to maintain their oral health and wellness throughout the process. Metal brackets and wires often make effective brushing and flossing difficult, leaving many patients at risk of developing cavities or periodontal disease through the process of straightening the smile. Clear aligner trays make it easy to keep the smile protected over several months.
- Clear aligner trays are much more discreet. Many patients who wear them during the day find that others do not even notice that they are in place. This type of treatment is highly beneficial for patients in careers where appearance is essential or for those who don’t want the embarrassment of metal covering their smile while straightening the teeth.
- Clear aligners are simple to use. Because of this, patients will have fewer recall appointments with their dentist to monitor the movement of the teeth. This means more time at work, school, or activities and less interruption in one’s busy schedule!
- Clear aligners provide fast and effective results. In many cases, patients will find that they can achieve the results they desire faster or in a comparable period of time as traditional braces. During the initial consultation appointment, patients discuss with Dr. Kevin Ju the time it will take to achieve the final results.
- Clear aligner therapy is often comparable in cost with traditional braces. When the cost of these treatments are similar, many patients opt for clear aligner therapy instead of metal treatments. This is often a personal choice for patients concerned about their appearance during the process of improving the smile.
Who is a candidate for clear aligner therapy?
The best candidates for clear aligner tray therapy with a dentist in Simi Valley are potential patients who are prepared to comply with treatment and have mild to moderate misalignment of the dental arch. Patients should also be free from cavities and periodontal disease to undergo clear aligner treatment.
Schedule a visit with the team at Hello Smile Dental
Dr. Kevin Ju and his team of professionals are ready and willing to help new and existing patients of the Simi Valley, California area with achieving their dream smiles. If you are ready to work with a dentist in Simi Valley that offers clear aligners near you, connect with the friendly front office team by calling (805) 380-5018. The office is conveniently located at 1782 Erringer Road.